Wednesday 29 August 2012

Keeping up with myself

I don't know about you, but I am an ideas person, a dreamer, a lover of fantastical ideas, of plans and dreams and schemes.

One thing I have realised about myself this past week or two is that I come up with more ideas and plans than I can follow through on.

And I feel guilty and sad and embarrassed all at once that I let people down getting swept away with ideas that don't always come to fruition.

"Let's meet up!"

"Let's do X, Y or Z"

Things that seem possible, achievable and fun to do at the time of suggestion.

Then life has it's own momentum and timings swing out of synch with my plans and days/ weeks / or even months roll by. Stuff comes up that I hadn't predicted or seen coming.

I so wish I could do every crazy thing I say I will do, when I say I will do it! I wish I didn't ever disappoint anyone.

Do you ever feel like this my dear reader friends? Or is it me that seems to reach for the stars all the time but seem to keep tripping over my own shoelaces?

Part of my brain hasn't caught up with the fact that I am a full-time mother to four boys and a dog. The logistics my life sneak up on me like a surprise letter in the post from a long lost relly. And yet what was I really expecting or thinking it would be like? I fall for the same damn trick every day!

I am still constantly surprised at being tired a lot, of not being able to fit everything into my day that my head can come up with, wondering why I am not superwoman every damn day. It's never as fast or easy in real life as it is in my head!

Till hubba hubba gets his work hours down to next to nothing, I'm a bit stuck.

So if I plan a plan with you, or dream a dream, or scheme a scheme. Bear with me my friend.

It'll happen.

Just maybe not as soon as I had hoped!

1 comment: